Do you have what it takes to be a Space Foundation Teacher Liaison? You can be one of a few select educators from around the world who joins our Space Foundation Teacher Liaison ranks each year.
Applications are closed!
Applications are now closed for Space Foundation's International Teacher Liaison Flight 20-23 program.
Thank you for your participation
Teacher Liaison Application Process
- Register for an account
Create an account within the Space Foundation Teacher Liaison system.
- Complete the Application Questionnaire
The Application Questionnaire contains some general information questions as well several required essay questions regarding your application.
- Upload your Lesson Plan
This is a multi step form where you fill out and upload the details of your lesson plan.
- Upload your Letter of Recommendation
A letter from your supervisor regarding why you should be a Space Foundation Teacher Liaison.
Teacher Liaisons are extraordinary educators who use space-related education programs and principles in the classroom to act as advocates for space-based education in their schools and districts. If selected for the program, they receive Space Foundation training and resources to further integrate space into their classrooms. The program is open to public, private and homeschool teachers, as well as school administrators, principals, specialists, curriculum and instruction developers and others who deliver education programs to students.
Started in 2004, this prestigious, internationally recognized program provides an honored few benefits and privileges that improve teaching skills, strengthens resumes and influences space and science education at an international level. More than 250 educators from throughout the world are active Teacher Liaisons.
We select a new flight of Teacher Liaisons each December. Once selected, Teacher Liaisons may remain active in the program as long as they continue to meet requirements for using and advocating for space-based education in their classrooms or schools.
Space Foundation Teacher Liaisons serve as active links between the Space Foundation and their schools and school districts and often work with other space organizations, such as NASA.
Who is Eligible?
Teacher Liaisons may be any formal or informal PreK-20 educator as well as other professionals within the PreK-20 arena. Teacher Liaisons tend to be Master Teachers who want to inspire the next generation of students to pursue and excel in the areas of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM), but membership is open to educators in all disciplines, ranging from science and math to language arts, physical education, special education or the arts. Applicants need only to demonstrate that they effectively integrate space education within their curriculum.
- Complimentary registration for the Space Symposium
- Special recognition during the Space Symposium
- Complimentary Exhibit Center admission at the Space Symposium
- Specialized training and instruction at Space Foundation workshops, including professional development hours
- Cutting-edge space education materials, including access to an exclusive, online bank of standards-aligned lesson plans
- Opportunities to meet and communicate with top educators, space leaders, astronauts and scientists from across the country
- Exclusive Teacher Liaison online community for sharing ideas
- International recognition as an advocate in promoting and improving space and science education
- A special "logo shirt" worn ONLY by Space Foundation Teacher Liaisons
- "First" opportunities to attend Space Foundation Discovery Center, Science On a Sphere® and other special presentations, and an opportunity to bring your class to an Audience With an Astronaut, tours of space exhibits and to participate in program pilots or course evaluations